This program is currently taking limited sign-ups through a wait list system due to lack of grant funding.
With our Citizens Assist Free Spay/Neuter program, qualifying community members can have their dog or cat spayed or neutered on our monthly trips to the South Ga Low Cost Spay/Neuter clinic in Thomasville. The service will allow for multiple dogs and cats to be spayed or neutered and given 1 year rabies shot if needed at a discounted rate. Sponsored surgeries are available on a limited basis as grant funding allows.
Spots are limited for each month so hurry in and apply. Spots cannot be held over the phone. Must come in to reserve your spots. A $10 refundable deposit per pet is required to reserve your spot. Upon bringing your pet on the scheduled surgery date, you will be refunded.
Must have: Picture ID with proof of residence in Valdosta or Lowndes County
How to sign up for this program:
- Make sure you meet the qualifications (listed below)
- Contact us (via our contact page, email, Facebook, or phone call) to schedule an appointment to come to our building
- Come during your appointment with proof of residency in Lowndes County (driver’s license or utility bill with your name on it), proof of government assistance, and $10 refundable deposit for each pet
- Help us end pet overpopulation in Lowndes County!
- Food Stamps/EBT Card
- Meals on Wheels
- A referral from a social worker (will need a referral letter from the social worker)
- Low Income (138% of poverty level)
- Government assistance must be in your name (pet owner of 18 years or older)
- Must be a resident of Lowndes County
- If you are not a resident of Lowndes county but still need an affordable option to have your pets spayed/neutered, we encourage you to check out our low cost spay/neuter program
*YOU MUST APPLY IN OFFICE BEFOREHAND
Don’t qualify for this program? Check out our Low Cost Spay/Neuter Program!